Dr. Henry Mwebesa
- Group:Board of Directors
Dr. Henry Mwebesa
Dr. Henry Gatyanga Mwebesa has experience spanning 31 years in the health sector. He has grown on merit and performance through all the ranks in the Ministry of Health from a Medical Practitioner in a General hospital, through all the Health Management positions in the Ministry of Health to the highest rank of Director General Health Services, a position he currently holds.
In his various responsibilities, he has been involved in planning and supervising various health programs and activities at national, regional and district levels. A large section of his career was spent at the national level building Quality and Performance Improvement Systems in the health sector. This included among others, building structures for QI at the regional and district levels; developing standards; monitoring performance according to standards; building and strengthening supervision systems at all levels; and establishing accreditation and reward systems.
He has prolonged experience working closely with Development Partners, the Private Sector, other Government Ministries, and Civil Society Organizations to strengthen Partnerships with the MOH.
Dr. Mwebesa, is a diligent team player, result oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills. He has directly managed and supervised a number of donor funded projects, especially funded by the African Development Bank, USAID, Islamic Development Bank and World Bank.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Member University Council, Mbarara University of Science and Technology
- Member of the National Drug Authority Board
- Member of the Hospital Management Board, Fort Portal Regional Referral Hospital
- Chairman, Board of Directors Kabarole Church of Uganda Hospital
- Chairman, Technical Committee, Uganda Demographic Health Survey 2016
- Member of the Board, Uganda Nurses and Midwives Examination Board