The clinic was officially opened on 19th June 2018 to support lung health research & provide highly specialized clinical pulmonary services at MLI. Since its opening, MLI clinic has handled a total number of 3492 patients, 860 of whom are research patients.
The clinic has 4 Full-time staff, 4 experienced physicians, and 2 pediatrician specialists
Services offered at the clinic:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Interstitial Lung disease
- Post TB Lung Disease
- Post COVID care
- Smoking cessation
1. Largest pulmonary function testing service in Uganda
2. >2000 spirometry tests in addition to Fraction of Expired Nitric Oxide (FeNO), Sleep Apnea Testing as well as allergen testing (skin prick testing) etc.
3. Proposed setting up of the novel Diffusion Lung Studies equipment in Uganda.
4. Pulmonary Rehabilitation (PR) services to over >100 individuals
5. Construction & commissioning of KUPUMUA
6. Provision of relatively affordable drugs
7. Hosted & supported 5 studies (COPA, LULI, TGF- BETA, RECHARGE and ECBS), which have together recruited more than 1000 study participants over a period of two years.